Low Sodium Crepes Stuffed with Blueberry Compote
- Mixing bowl
- Medium non-stick pan or seasoned cast-iron pan
- Small sauce pot
- Rubber spatula
- 1/3 Measuring cup
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2.5 cups Oat milk Soy and almond milk work too
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extrct
- 1/2 cup Blueberry compote
- Add the all-purpose flour and oat milk to a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. To avoid lumps, sometimes it's better to slowly drizzle in the milk while whisking. Add melted coconut oil, vanilla and honey and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place a medium-sized non-stick frying pan (about 8-10" diameter) over medium-high heat. Add a small bit of vegan butter (butter, coconut oil, canola oil etc. all work fine) to the pan and make sure the entire pan is greased evenly.
- This part takes getting used to. Eye-balling this directly out of the mixing bowl may be the best bet (if the mixing bowl has a pouring spout). If you want to be exact, grab a 1/3 measuring cup and scoop out the batter using that. This will give you about 12 servings. Remember as soon as the batter hits the pan it's going to start cooking right away. I found that instead of pouring the batter all on to the center of the pan, it was easier to pour around the edge and then back into the center if I could. Then quickly pick the pan up off the stovetop and work the batter around to best distribute it across the entire pan.
- Once the underside is lightly browned, flip the crepe. Cook the underside for about 30-45 seconds or until lightly browned. Slide crepe onto a plate and repeat this process with the remaining batter.