Low Sodium Flatbread RecipeAdd to Recipe Box Go to Recipe Box
- Standing Mixer
- 2 cup Whole Grain Flour
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- Start by sifting your flour into the bowl of a standing mixer. Now add the remaining ingredients in with the flour. Using a dough hook mix the dough on medium until it begins to come together. If the dough is sticking to the sides and bottom of the bowl, sprinkle in more flour (about 1 tbsp at a time) until the dough begins to pull from the sides and bottom of the bowl and form a ball of dough.
- Remove the dough from the standing mixer and place into an oiled mixing bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place the dough somewhere warm and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 pieces and let it rest, covered with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel for an additional 10 minutes. Click for a 10 Minute timer
- Now roll out each piece of dough into 6-8 inch oval shaped flatbreads. These can be circle if you'd like.
- Get a grill pan or a flat skillet HOT, and dry cook the dough for 1-2 minutes per side, or until they are puffed up and have some nice golden brown spots on them. You could also cook these right on a grill or a grill type pan. Click for a 10 Minute timer
- Let the flatbreads cool off before individually wrapping them in plastic wrap. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months!