Low Sodium Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 8 Roasted Garlic Cloves
- 8 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Oat Milk
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground White Peppercorns
Roasting the garlic
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel and cut the ends off 8 cloves of garlic. In a bowl, toss the olive oil and garlic cloves together. Poor the garlic into a sheet of aluminum foil about 12 x 12 inches. Fold the foil over the garlic 1 side at a time to create a pouch. Roast the entire pouch in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until browned and slightly translucent.
- While the garlic is roasting, peel and chop the potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Place potatoes in a stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
Bringing it all together
- After your potatoes are fork tender, strain them and return them back into the stock pot you boiled them in. Place them back over the heat on low (making sure to keep an eye on them) to draw out a bit more of the moisture, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add in your milk, the roasted garlic, and white pepper. Using a potato masher or heavy-duty whisk, mash up the potatoes until you reach the desired consistency.
Do not over mash them or they will become gummy!