- 1 Apple medium & tart
- 1 cup Cherries, tart & dried
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- Quarter and core the apple and cut into thin slices, leaving the skin on.
- Put the apples and cherries in a heavy saucepan with the onions, vinegar, and sugar. Cook, stirring until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is beginning to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until the onions are tender and the dried cherries are plump and tender about 8-10 minutes. Click for a 10 Minute Timer
- Uncover and bring the heat up to high and boil until the syrup around the fruit is reduced to a shiny glaze, about 5 minutes more. Chutney may be served at once or kept, covered and refrigerated for several days. Click for a 5 Minute Timer