Easy at Home Low Sodium Aloo Mattar RecipeAdd to Recipe Box Go to Recipe Box
- Food Processor
- Wooden Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Spoons & Cups
- Shallow Sauce Pot
- Small Bowl
- Chef knife
- Cutting Board
Onion / Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Onion (Rough chopped)
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (Rough chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Chopped. Substitute ¼ tsp of powder)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Add Onions, Tomatoes, and Garlic to a food processor and blend until smooth. About 15-30 seconds. Stop halfway to scrape down the sides. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.Note: I couldn't get my hands on fresh Ginger, but if you're able to I suggest adding the 1/2 inch of peeled Ginger in with the Onions, Tomatoes, and Garlic
- Peel the Potatoes and cut them into small pieces no larger than one inch (1").
- Turn the heat to medium and add the Olive Oil. Now add in the Cumin Seeds (preferably whole seeds) and cook for 30-60 seconds or until the seeds begin to brown.
- Stir in your Onion/Tomato paste followed by the Almond Powder. Bring to a light simmer and cover lightly to avoid splattering. Once the mixture stops splattering, remove the lid and simmer on low for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in Turmeric, Chili Powder, Ginger Powder, and Hing, followed by the Potatoes (Aloo) and Peas (Matar). Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.Note: I couldn't get my hands on fresh Ginger, so I added Powdered Ginger to this step as an alternative.
- Add in the Water and some Salt to taste. Bring to a simmer and cover lightly. Simmer for 15-30 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. 15 Minute Timer
- Stir in the Garam Masala.
- Enjoy! Let me know how it goes in the comments below.