Low Sodium Blueberry Cornbread Waffles
- 1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt-Free Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cup Low fat milk
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Blueberries, fresh
- Preheat the waffle iron while you are mixing up the waffles.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In another larger bowl, whisk together the milk, lemon juice, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, being sure not to overmix.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron* and bake the waffles, one at a time until gold brown. Serve with berry syrup.