- Plastic spatula
- Offset spatula
- Mixing bowl
- Misto oil sprayer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 9 x 13 Baking dish
- 1 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Yellow corn meal
- 2/3 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Salt-Free Baking Powder Low sodium
- 1 1/2 cup Oat Milk Regular
- 1/3 cup Canola oil
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan. I use a Misto Oil Sprayer here.
Mix Dry Ingredients
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, and baking powder.
Add Wet Ingredients
- Add your oat milk and canola oil to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Blueberry Cornbread Modification
- Add a 1/2 cup of rinsed frozen blueberries
- Add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Instead of 1 tbsp of baking powder, use 4 tsp
- Instead of 1-1/4 cups of Oat Milk, use 1-1/2 cups
- Calories: 176
- Sodium: 54 mg
- Potassium: 155 mg
- Phosphorus: 90 mg
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 29 g
2 thoughts on “Vegan Cornbread”
Does the cayenne pepper make it spicy? It looks interesting, I’m going to have to try it!
It’s not spicy at all! It adds a nice flavor though. Hope you like it!