Low Sodium Apple Cherry Chutney
Super simple, five ingredient chutney that goes great on chicken, salmon, pork, and sandwiches. Whip up this chutney in 20 minutes and store it for later, use as gifts or eat right away!Print Recipe
- 1 Apple, medium & tart
- 1 cup Cherries, tart & dried
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Quarter and core the apple and cut into thin slices, leaving the skin on.
- Put the apples and cherries in a heavy saucepan with the onions, vinegar, and sugar. Cook, stirring until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is beginning to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until the onions are tender and the dried cherries are plump and tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Uncover and bring the heat up to high and boil until the syrup around the fruit is reduced to a shiny glaze, about 5 minutes more. Chutney may be served at once or kept, covered and refrigerated for several days.