Oven Roasted Carrots With Thyme
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Peeler
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Chef or chopping knife
- 1 Oven
- 2 lbs Carrots, peeled and cut batonnet style (¼" x ¼" x 2") Alternatively you can buy a bag of pre-cut baby carrots
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Thyme leaves, fresh and chopped
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Lightly oil a sheet pan or a casserole dish large enough to fit all the carrots in a single layer. In a large bowl, toss the carrots, oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano until the carrots are evenly coated.
- Spread in an even layer in the prepared vessel and cover with foil. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and test tenderness. If more time is needed, remove the foil and turn the heat down to 375° for 10 to 15 more minutes