Red Pepper Sauce RecipeAdd to Recipe Box Go to Recipe Box
Sodium 1 mg
Potassium 66 mg
Phosphorus 8 mg
Protein 1 g
- 6 Red Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice (fresh-squeezed)
- 2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1.5 tsp Sweet Hungarian paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place the peppers on the grill over high heat. Alternately you may broil the peppers on high. Grill for about 5-10 minutes per side. Rotate the peppers as needed so that the peppers are evenly blackened.
10 Minute Timer
- When the peppers are evenly blackened and the skin begins to crack, remove from the grill and place in a large bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let the peppers rest for at least 20 minutes.
20 Minute Timer
- After 20 minutes, remove the peppers from the bowl and scrape the skin off with a knife. Remove the stem and slit the pepper so that it lays flat. Scrape the seeds out of the pepper with the knife.
- Place the peppers into the blender with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- You may store the sauce in the fridge for several days. You can also freeze the sauce by placing ½ cup in small (snack size) baggies. The frozen sauce will keep for several months.