Nomato Marinara Sauce – Tomato Free Red Sauce
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Sauté pan
- Chef knife
- Wooden Spoon
- 15 oz Pineapple In natural juice, drained. I bought rings as easy to pull out and toss into blender.
- ½ Onion Chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves Minced
- 2 tbsp Liquid aminos
- ½ cup Roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch You can also use arrowroot
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp Basil Dried
- ¼ tsp Oregano Dried
- ¼ tsp Crushed red pepper Optional
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Pinch of cinnamon
- In a skillet sauté half an onion and 4 cloves of minced garlic, until onion is translucent. If you're not using oil, I like to use a bit of veg stock or water to sauté with.
- Puree the roasted red pepper and the pineapple in a blender, add all seasonings & spices. Pour the puree into the skillet with the onions and garlic.
- Create a slurry by whisking together the cold pineapple juice (from the can) with the cornstarch. Once combined, whisk the slurry into the sauce.
- Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer (stirring constantly) for about 2-3 minutes or until thickened.