Oat Sausage: Vegan Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Mixing bowl
- Non-stick frying pan or Cast-iron
- Offset spatula
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground fennel
- 1 tsp Celery seed
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp Parsley flakes
- 4 tbsp Granulated onion
- 4 tbsp Granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp Molasses
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Ground flaxseed
- 3 cups Oatmeal Cooked and cold. I used steel cut rolled oats
- 3 tbsp Liquid aminos
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Using wet hands, form 1-½ inch balls and flatten them into patties.
- Cook in a non-stick or cast iron pan on medium-high, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and press patty, cook another 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting and flip again, cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip one final time and cook for 3 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Vegan Breakfast Sausage Patties from Oats”
It took me a couple tries to get this recipe correct, but it they are great! They freeze well too – just be sure to reheat in the oven or on the stove and not the microwave – lol.
Star_Muse is an amazing recipe creator. I will let her know you loved the recipe. She also moderates and shares her recipes to our Facebook group here (if you’re not already a member): Kidney-Friendly, Plant-Based Recipes & Nutrition. Thanks again and hope to see you around!