Vegan Lentil Italian Meatball Recipe
Sodium 98 mg
Potassium 545 mg
Phosphorus 225 mg
Protein 14 g
Although this recipe requires a bit more time and effort, it's worth it. These low sodium vegan lentil meatballs may even remind you of your favorite Italian meatballs. If you're a vegan and eat low sodium then this recipe is a must-try for you. You can make a bunch and freeze them for later. Use them in tacos, sandwiches, pasta and more.
- Food Processor
- Rubber spatula
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Shallow Sauce Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef knife
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Add the vegetable oil to a shallow sauce pot and turn the heat to medium. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to turn translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until both the onions and garlic are sweated out.
- Add the lentils in with the onions and garlic and mix around well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and add in the vegetable stock followed by the tomato sauce, rosemary, oregano basil, salt, abd pepper.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until all liquid is gone. About 30-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes. You can place it in the refrigerator if you'd like In the meantime, turn your oven on convection bake 400°.
- Add the mixture, nutritional yeast, and xantham gum to a food processor and blend until fully smooth. Make sure to turn the machine off periodically to scrape down the edges so everything is fully incorporated and blended.
- Roll into 1" diameter balls and place onto a parchment-paper-lined sheet pan. Bake at 400° for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to turn them over about halfway through.
- Serve with pasta, in sandwiches, or break into ground meat for tacos.