Low Sodium Lemon Oregano Chicken
- Freezer Bag
- 4 Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 Lemon, small
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Ground Black Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Carefully fillet/butterfly the chicken breasts in half. Mince the garlic and set aside. Juice your lemon and set the juice aside. Cut the juiced lemon into wheels.
- In a large freezer bag or large mixing bowl, combine everything except the butter. Place in the refrigerator and let this sit for about an hour. Set 1 Hour Timer
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to a large pan and turn to medium-high heat. Using tongs, carefully add 1 piece chicken to the pan to test if it's hot enough . Add 3 more pieces of chicken and a couple lemon wheels and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until nice and brown.
- Repeat the previous step with the remaining 4 pieces of chicken, and the 1 remaining tbsp of butter.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Set 5 Minute Timer
7 thoughts on “Low Sodium Lemon Oregano Chicken”
This is delicious! Very easy and quick. Perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Super easy, minimal prep, and tastes amazing! This recipe will be going into my meal rotation.
How is this low sodium if the serving size is 1 gram? A 3.5 oz chicken breast is roughly 100g.
Our nutrition labels are being re-done.
We swapped our Recipe Software on the entire website and things got a little wonky with the nutrition labels.
The serving size is not 1g for this recipe. My apologies.
A serving size is half a chicken breast. I have updated the nutrition for this recipe.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
This chicken is so easy and delicious. I would have eliminated the red pepper flakes but for next time I will.
This was delicious…served it with lemon infused rice and Brussels sprouts
Glad you liked it! Thanks for the review.