- 1 Onion, chopped medium-sized onion, or about 1¼ cup
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Carrot, large, chopped
- 2 Celery ribs, chopped
- ½ cup Brown lentils, dried, rinsed
- ½ cup Crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock
- ½ cup Ditalini pasta, cooked al dente
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Bay leaves, dried
- 1½ tsp Paprika powder, smoked
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Salt, kosher
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil to a heavy-bottomed pot and turn to medium heat. When oil is hot, add onions, carrots, and celery and cook for 10-15 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, lentils, crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, paprika, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer, cover loosely, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and pulse soup for 3-5 seconds using a stick blender. Simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Mix in al dente pasta, and cook for additional 1-2 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Serve with a fresh parsley sprig garnish.