Green Beans Almondine
- 1 Stockpot
- 1 knife
- 1 Strainer
- 1 lb Green beans use the smaller French haricot vert green beans if you can find them
- ½ cup Almonds, sliced
- ⅓ cup Shallots, minced No shallots? Onions work too!
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Fill a pot with ½ inch of water, add salt and bring to a boil. Add beans and cover, and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.1 lb Green beans
- Cook almonds and shallots in oil over low heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.½ cup Almonds, sliced3 tbsp Olive oil⅓ cup Shallots, minced
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and pepper.2 tsp Lemon juice
- Pour almond mixture over beans.