Low Sodium Pie Crust
A simple and delicious low sodium pie crust from 4 simple ingredients you can find around your house.Print Recipe
- 1.5 cup AP flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- Pie crust pan
- Unbleached parchment paper
- Pour oil and milk together. Add to flour, stirring lightly with a fork.
- Form into a ball using your hands.
- Roll between two pieces of unbleached parchment paper. When dough is rolled out to about a 12 inch circle, peel off the top paper and put dough, paper side up, into pie plate.
- Remove remaining parchment paper and trim the crust down to about 1/2 inch from the edges of the pie pan, fold edges under, and flute edges with a fork.
- For a baked pie shell, prick bottom and sides and bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For an unbaked shell, fill with pie filling and bake as directed in the filling recipe. Makes one 9 inch pie shell.