Low Sodium Lemon Oregano Chicken
My hometown has this Greek restaurant that does an unbelievable job using lemon and oregano on a lot of their dishes. The chicken there is to die for. I wanted a low sodium lemon oregano chicken recipe that could compete, but could also be made at home for myself and my family.Print Recipe
- Freezer Bag
- 4 Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 Lemon, small
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Carefully fillet/butterfly the chicken breasts in half. Mince the garlic and set aside. Juice your lemon and set the juice aside. Cut the juiced lemon into wheels.
- In a large freezer bag or large mixing bowl, combine everything except the butter. Place in the refrigerator and let this sit for about an hour.
[cooked-timer hours="1"]1 Hour timer[/cooked-timer]
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to a large pan and turn to medium-high heat. Using tongs, carefully add 1 piece chicken to the pan to test if it's hot enough . Add 3 more pieces of chicken and a couple lemon wheels and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until nice and brown. [cooked-timer minutes="2"]2 Minute timer[/cooked-timer]
- Repeat the previous step with the remaining 4 pieces of chicken, and the 1 remaining tbsp of butter.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. [cooked-timer minutes="5"]5 Minute timer[/cooked-timer]