Homemade Toasted Sesame Seed & Almond Nut-Thins
- 2 x Large mixing bowls
- Rolling Pin
- 2 x Large sheet pans
- Unbleached parchment paper
- Offset spatula
- 2" Cookie cutter
- 1 cup Whole Grain Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Potato Starch
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 8 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 Egg whites, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch Ground Black Peppercorns
Mise en place and preheat oven
Making the nut-thin dough
- In a large mixing bowl (or a standing mixer) whisk all of your dry ingredients until combined well. In a separate mixing bowl, add all of your wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Standing mixer:With a dough hook on low, poor in the wet ingredients slowly until a dough is formed and holds together without crumbling. If needed, add 1/4 teaspoon of water at a time until the consistency is correct.
- Mixing bowl:Create well in the center of your dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Knead mixture with clean hands until the dough holds together well without crumbling. If needed, add 1/4 teaspoon of water at a time until the consistency is correct.
Rolling & cutting out the nut-thins
- Place one piece of dough onto a piece of unbleached parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll out as close to 1/16" as you can. The thinner you can get the dough the better they are, in my opinion! Quick Tip:To prevent the roller from sticking and lifting up sections of the dough, place the second piece of unbleached parchment paper on top of the dough.
- Use a 2" Cookie cutter to press out as many nut-thins out as you can.
- Use a small Offset spatula to lift up the nut-thins.
- Place the nut-thins neatly onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Back at 325°F for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. Remember to gather the scraps and press together to form another piece of dough. Repeat the steps above with the remaining dough.
- Go on and enjoy your homemade almond nut-thins!