- 1 Large and shallow pot
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Chopping knife
- 1 Wood spoon
- 1 Bag Frozen vegetable mix – Corn, Carrots, Green beans, and Peas
- 1 Onion, medium
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- 1 can 28oz Can of diced tomatoes
- ½ can 16oz Can of reduced sodium kidney beans
- ¼ cup Brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups Vegetable broth or water Nutrition based on using water
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil or Avocado oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant while stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and cornstarch.
- Add the diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, red beans, lentils, spice mixture, and veg stock/water. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- To enhance the texture and flavor, transfer 2 cups of the chili to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the blended mixture back into the pot and combine well. Alternatively, you can blend the chili briefly with an immersion blender directly in the chili pot.