Marinated Seared Tofu
- 16 oz Extra-firm tofu
- ¼ cup Coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced Optional
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
- Place the tofu in a shallow dish or in a sealable bag and pour the marinade over the tofu. Let it marinate for at least 1 hour, covered, in the refrigerator. Marinate overnight for even better results.
- In a large saute pan or cast-iron skillet, add vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Remove the tofu from the marinade and add to the pan. Save the remaining marinade. Fry the tofu until golden brown on each side. About 3-5 minutes per side.
- Once browned, pour the leftover marinade into the pan with the tofu and stir to coat. Remove from heat, and serve over rice and stir-fried vegetables.