Roasted Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry
- 1 cup Chickpeas (nutrition based on raw chickpeas, not canned)
- 1/2 Sweet Potato, roasted (roasted beforehand)
- 1 cup Onions (small dice)
- 1/2 cup Celery (small dice)
- 1/2 cup Carrots (small dice)
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Ginger, fresh (minced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic, fresh (minced)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Curry Powder (nutrition based on homemade, salt-free curry powder)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch Black Pepper, ground
Roasting Sweet Potato
- Set oven to 450° and line a sheet pan with unbleached parchment paper. Roughly chop the Sweet Potato into 1" cubes.
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss potato pieces in 1 tsp of Vegetable Oil and a pinch of Black Pepper. Roast the sweet potatoes for about 45 minutes or until browned. Make sure to toss the pieces halfway through. 45 Hour Timer
- Put the roasted sweet potatoes into a bowl and whisk until smooth making mashed sweet potatoes.
Making the Stew
- Add Vegetable Oil to a shallot pot and turn to med-high heat. Add the Mirepoix (Onions, Carrots, and Celery) and sauté until translucent
- Mix in the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the chickpeas and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and curry powder and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1.5 hours stirring occasionally.
1.5 Hour Timer