Low Sodium Zucchini & Corn Hash Cakes
Looking for something new to bring to the table...literally? If you're like me, every night consists of...what the heck am I going to make tonight? These low sodium zucchini cakes are something out of left field, and can be a really nice side dish or even appetizer for your next dinner.Print Recipe
- 3 cup All Purpose Flower
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Corn
- 2 Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- With a box grater or a food processor with a grating attachment, grate the zucchini.
- Strain the access water out of the zucchini using a strainer or cheese cloth. Make sure to squeeze as much water out as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded zucchini with corn, scallions, eggs, garlic powder, black pepper and parsley. After combined, mix in nutritional yeast and flour.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with your olive oil/butter and get the pan nice and hot. Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop, scoop out and place your mix onto the pan and flatten with a spatula.
- Cook until golden, 2 minutes per side. Add more olive oil/butter between batches, or as needed.
- Optional Dipping Sauce: Combine the following • ½ c. Greek yogurt • 1 tsp. sriracha