Low Sodium Tzatziki Sauce
Tzatziki is quite easy to make and includes some of my favorite things like lemon, garlic and cucumbers. Having a food processor or blender comes in handy for recipes like this, but aren't completely necessary. Also known as cacık or tarator, tzatziki is a dip, soup, or sauce which is normally found in of Southeast Europe and the Middle East. This salt-free version of tzatziki can be made under 20 minutes, and contains little to no sodium.Print Recipe
- 16 oz Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cucumbers
- 1 tbsp Dill, fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp Mint, fresh chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, rough chopped
- .5 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- .25 tsp Black Pepper, fresh ground
- In a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients.
- Process until well-combined (no more than 30 seconds).
- Transfer your new Tzatziki Sauce into a vessel that can be covered (such as Tupperware), stick it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. For best results, refrigerate overnight.