Low Sodium Sweet & Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 Red Jalapenos (If you can find chili peppers, use one pepper instead of the 2 Jalapenos)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- .5 tbsp Ginger, fresh (minced)
- 1/4 cup White distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Prepare your vegetables. Peel your garlic and remove the seeds from the peppers.
- Add oil, garlic and, peppers to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is browned.
- Add 1 cup of water, vinegar and ginger to the saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in sugar, continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce begins to slightly thicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water to create a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the sauce pan and whisk to incorporate. Simmer for 1-2 additional minutes or until the desired thickness is reached.
- Enjoy hot or let cool completely before putting into a bottle or refrigerator.