Low Sodium Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 1 Onion (small diced)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Jalapeño (rough chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (fresh)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsps Lime juice (fresh-squeezed)
- Remove the husks from tomatillos and rinse off the sticky residue on the skins before using.
- Toss tomatillos, onion, garlic cloves, and jalapeño with some olive oil.
- Roast at 400 degrees until soft and a bit charred, about 30-45 minutes. Let cool
- Add cilantro and lime juice. Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor until well blended.
- Salsa will keep 2 weeks fresh in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.