Low Sodium French Onion Dip
- 1 1/2 cup White Onion
- 1 cup Low Sodium Sour cream 
- 1 cup Low Sodium Mayonnaise 
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat; add the onions and red pepper flakes. Cook down, while remembering to stir, for about [cooked-timer minutes="5"]20 Minutes[/cooked-timer] or until fully caramelized and golden brown.
- Remove the onions from the pan and put them into a small bowl. Place them un-covered into the freezer for about 5 minutes to help cool them down faster. This step is optional, you can let the onions cool at room temperature if you'd like.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the onions, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and white pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least [cooked-timer minutes="180"]3 Hours[/cooked-timer] before serving.