Low Sodium Butternut Squash Sauce
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 3 cup Vegetable broth (Recipe based on salt-free homemade vegetable stock)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Cut the butter into a few small pieces.
- Peel your squash, cut in half and remove the seeds. Chop into 1 inch cubes making sure to keep the pieces as close to the same size as you can to help with cooking everything evenly. Transfer squash to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, garlic, rosemary, and nutmeg to the bowl and toss to fully mix everything together evenly.
- Poor your squash bits onto your parchment-lined sheet pan and roast for 45 minutes, or until squash is browned nicely. Make sure to toss the squash every 15 or so minutes.
- After the squash is nice and browned, transfer to a food processor and add the sugar and vegetable stock.
Blend until smooth.
- Serve hot over cooked pasta with low sodium parmesan cheese.