Potassium 124 mg
Phos 91 mg
Protein 2 g
Cals 80 kcal
Carbs 17 g
Breakfast can be challenging for us low sodium warriors. If you're like me and love bagels and other bread items, then you also know that these items are normally very . Most pancake mixes can also be high in sodium making this fan-favorite breakfast item another hard one for us. Not to fret!These low sodium pancakes are fluffy, delicious, and take only about 15 minutes to prepare! The problem with store-bought pancake mix is that the preservatives, baking powder, and baking soda contain loads of sodium. By swapping out the leavening agents with sodium-free versions, we are able to create a low sodium version of this yummy breakfast item.
- Measuring cups
- Large measuring bowl
- Non-stick pancake pan
- Fine mesh sifter/strainer
- Rubber offset spatula
Low Sodium Blueberry Pancakes Mix Recipe
- 6 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Salt-Free Baking Powder
- 4 tsp Sodium free baking soda
- Sift 1 cup of the mix you made in step 1 into a large measuring bowl. Add the following ingredients in with the sifted pancake mix.
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter*
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract No vanilla? It's ok to omit it!
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Bring a non-stick pan to medium-high heat.
- Pour the mixture out of the measuring bowl onto your hot pan, making sure to keep them the same size.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook opposite site. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (2 pancakes)
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin B1 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 1mg5%
Vitamin B5 1mg10%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin K 1µg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!