Roasted Sweet Potato & White Rice Tacos
These low sodium sweet potato tacos are simple, refreshing and healthy. They are surprisingly filling, easy to make and are packed with flavor. Using fresh, whole ingredients helps make these simple tacos so delicious.Print Recipe
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- corn tortillas
- minced cilantro to garnish
- large saute pan
- wooden spoon
- chef knife
- Chop everything! Medium dice the sweet potatoes and onions. Mince the cilantro, ginger, garlic and turmeric.
- Sweat out the ginger, garlic, turmeric and onions over medium eat until slightly translucent. 3-5 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-high. Add rice to pan. Brown rice for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and veggie stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- One all liquid is absorbed turn the heat off. Add cilantro and toss.
- Cook the tortillas. Either pop them in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes or lightly fry them in a little oil on a non-stick saute pan.