It’s official… I am in love. For a chocolate lover who wants to partake but not indulge. A tidy combination of pantry staples crafts a dough that embraces the love of chocolate chips. Soooo in other words, this chocolate tea bread is magical and will have you raising your hand. Um, excuse me. This is low sodium? Yes!
Chocolate Tea Bread
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Salt-Free Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp no-salt substitute
- ⅓ cup nuts (optional)
- ¼ tsp Salt-Free Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Applesauce
- ⅓ cup Water
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, except for the nuts and chocolate chips, with a mixer on slow for 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl often.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if using and pour into greased 9×5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly before slicing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!