Anyone following a low sodium diet knows how important a good low sodium recipe is. With everyone coming out with the latest and greatest cookbooks it’s hard to find a cookbook that will satisfy all your needs. I’ve done the hard work for you and researched and put together this list of the best low sodium cookbooks.
1: No Salt Lowest Sodium Cookbook
by. Donald Gazzaniga Urged by his doctor to keep his sodium intake “under 1,500-2000mg. a day,” Don headed for the kitchen and went to work. Throughout Don’s low sodium cookbook you will find the following and some: Some things you’ll find inside:
- Hundreds of good tasting, easy-to-make recipes
- An introduction by Dr. Sandra Barbour of the Kaiser Permanente Foundation
- Advice on finding low-sodium prepared foods, eating in restaurants, etc.
- Accurate sodium content of every ingredient and of the total servings
- A twenty-eight-day low-sodium menu planner by Dr. Jeannie Gazzaniga, Ph.D., R.D.
2: 500 15-Minute Low Sodium Recipes
By. Dick Logue Cutting sodium doesn’t mean cutting flavor or variety, or spending hours in the kitchen on complicated recipes. Make staying on course easy—and delicious!—with 500 15-Minute Low Sodium Recipes. Some recipes you’ll find inside:
- Quick Chicken a la King
- Steak Stroganoff
- Baked Tilapia Rockefeller
- Quick and Easy Gazpacho
- Cranberry Pork Roast
- Grilled Chocolate-Filled Bananas
- Nutty Apple Wedges
3: 500 No-Salt, Low-Sodium Recipes
By. Dick Logue 500 No-Salt, Low-Sodium Recipes features simple recipes with nutritional breakdowns and useful tips for a low-sodium lifestyle, including what food items to avoid for their hidden sodium content, plus information about convenient and tasty low-sodium substitutes and where to find them. Some recipes you’ll find inside:
- Spicy Potato Skins
- Lemon Glazed Doughnuts
- Three-Bean Salad
- Apple Pie
- Velvet Crumb Cake
- Barbecue Sauce
4: American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook
By. American Heart Association With this book in hand, you’ll be armed with nutrition numbers for every recipe and the latest American Heart Association dietary information, as well as the how-tos for avoiding hidden sodium, shopping smart, and using healthy cooking techniques. Some recipes you’ll find inside:
- Baked Veggie Chips served with Hot and Smoky Chipotle-Garlic Dip
- Slow-Cooker Moroccan Chicken with Orange Couscous
- Three-Cheese Lasagna with Swiss Chard
- Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- Rice Pudding with Caramelized Bananas
3: The Easy Low-Sodium Diet Plan
By. Christopher Lower The Easy Low Sodium Diet Plan & Cookbook is the first and only low sodium cookbook to also include a meal plan, making it easier than ever to start-and stick with-your new low sodium lifestyle. Some recipes you’ll find inside:
- More than 95 recipes designed to be the easiest to prepare and cook, from quick-prep stovetop and oven meals to slow cooker dishes that do the cooking for you.
- Meals that prep in 30 minutes or less, none of which call for any added salt.
- Two 4-week meal plans show you how to combine meals over the course of a month while ensuring you won’t go over 1,500 mg of sodium per day.
- Knowledgeable guidance from Christopher Lower, the voice behind the popular food blog Hacking Salt, who has “been there, done that” with low sodium diets, and knows what actually works.